Tuesday 17 September 2013

Vinyl Feature: Tom Jones - Greatest Hits

On a regular basis I will feature a "new" purchase that I have made in the previous week. Pretty much all of my vinyl purchases over the last few years have been from secondhand shops, charity shops, etc. where it is possible to get great records for a mere pittance! I hope to show you that building up a music collection via vinyl LP's is both fun and affordable!

Here in southern Sweden we have a chain of second hand stores connected to the Svenska Kyrkan, called ErikshjÀlpen, that use the funds generated from their sales to sponsor education, child protection and health related causes worldwide. So not only can I indulge my constant hunger for music related vinyl based bargains, but I am also supporting a worthwhile cause. Both of these things make me happy and ease my conscience at the same time. What a great deal!

First up is a wonderful copy of Tom Jones Greatest Hits. It has a modest collection of hits that we know and love and would expect to hear from Tom Jones and the quality of the pressing is top notch as well. The copy I got is 100% scratch free and sounds just as good as new. I am always very picky about checking every LP I purchase and if there is even a hint of a scratch on the vinyl playing surface I do not buy it. I am less picky about the state of the cover.

I'll start by showing some photographs of my purchase.

Front Cover
Back Cover
LP playing on my turntable

This album cost me the princely sum of 10 SEK which in British money is about £1 and in US money about $1.50 at today's exchange rate. So for those of you out there thinking of starting a music collection bear in mind that collecting your music via second hand LP's is probably the cheapest legal way to do it and is a lot of good fun besides!

Another vinyl music bargain will be highlighted right here soon, so "stay tuned" and have a great week!

Purchase Tom Jones Greatest Hits at Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment