Sunday 30 March 2014

Vinyl Feature: Bonnie Tyler - Secret Dreams And Forbidden Fire



Secret Dreams And Forbidden Fire was released on the 3rd of May 1986 by Colombia Records and was Bonnie Tylers sixth studio album. It didn't do too well in he USA and the UK, but had some success in Europe.

In Norway the album reached number 1 on the charts, in Switzerland number 3 and in Sweden number 6.







The album also contains the hit "Holding Out for a Hero", which was on the soundtrack of the movie Footloose.

I picked up Secret Dreams And Forbidden Fire a couple of weeks back at a local second hand store and was pleasantly surprised when I finally fired it up today and discovered that it's actually quite good. I never bought too many Bonnie Tyler albums when I was younger and now I'm wondering why...








The inner protective sleeve has the song lyrics printed on both sides.

 



Track listing

Side 1
Ravishing
If You Were a Woman and I Was a Man
Loving You's a Dirty Job but Somebody's Gotta Do It
No Way to Treat a Lady

Side 2
Band of Gold
Rebel Without a Clue
Lovers Again
Before This Night Is Through
Holding Out for a Hero

No comments:

Post a Comment