Friday 28 February 2014

Vinyl Feature: The Boomtown Rats - the fine art of Surfacing



 Irish New Wave band The Boomtown Rats released the fine art of Surfacing on October 9, 1979 under three different labels, depending on the country, but the copy I have was from the UK under the Ensign Records label.

Three of the songs were also released as singles and were all hit sellers namely I Don't Like Mondays, Diamond Smiles and Someone's Looking at You with the first being the biggest hit of the three.







The cover art is particularly striking but I am unsure of who the artist was, so if you have any further info please let me know so I can include it here.












Track listing:

Side 1
Someone's Looking at You
Diamond Smiles
Wind Chill Factor (Minus Zero)
Having My Picture Taken
Sleep (Fingers' Lullaby)
A hidden track with lyrics that include "that's not funny, I'm not laughing".

Side 2
I Don't Like Mondays
Nothing Happened Today
Keep It Up
Nice N Neat
When the Night Comes
A hidden track with the spoken words "That concludes episode 3. We will return..."


Bought for 5 Swedish Krona and worth every öre.

No comments:

Post a Comment